Thursday, March 8, 2007

Making my debut (2 days SL'd)



Two wonderful things have happened.
First and foremost, my husband says he loves my hair! He was fully supportive of my decision to get Sisterlocks, yet I still wondered how he would react once I really did it. He told me yesterday that he likes the locks a lot -- more than my previous style (microbraids with human-hair extensions. One reason, he said, is because it's my hair.
Now, ain't that a kick in the head?
My style also drew compliments during my first two days back at work, even from people I hardly know.
I guess I should count myself lucky. The same thickness and length (at least 5 inches of natural hair) that made my hair a pain to deal with loose** are working to my benefit now.
That's the beauty of Sisterlocks. Finally women with tightly coiled hair have something that works with, rather than against, the nature of our hair.
The first shampoo shrunk the locks, but it also made my hair look very full, with no parts showing except some parting at the hairline.
That was quite a relief. Until next time!

(** How tough was it? I literally had to duct-tape the comb attachment onto my blow dryer so it would stay put as I blow-dried my hair for the locking session, plus I lost even more of the few teeth left on the thing!)

6 comments:

Linda said...

Boy can I relate to the part about the comb attachment. I killed several when wearing my hair loose, as blow drying it helped me manage it. Your hair looks fantastic and welcome to the family.

Abena Abena said...

Welcome to the world of Sisterlocks. You look like you are off to a good start. I look forward to following your journey.

http://www.chosenvessel06.blogspot.com
locked 3yrs.8mos.

muslimahlocs said...

yeah! your locks look beautiful. congratulations, welcome home and enjoy!

Unknown said...

welcome, welcome!!!

Ms. LJ said...

Thanks for the words of welcome, everyone! I guess I should check my blog more often!! I'm so happy to be on this journey with you.

Maryee said...

It's so good to know you have support of your decision to lock! That's a blessing!