Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Sisterlocked!


My locks were installed in a marathon, 17-hour session that started at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, March 5 and ended just before 2 a.m. on March 6. I am now officially Sisterlocked!
I can't believe how full they are. My consultant had me wash them when I got home (actually I waited until later this morning.) I braided and banded, washed and rinsed. then I removed the braids.
There was a good amount of shrinkage, which I expected, but it came out in this cute curly style.
I have a feeling I will be fully locked in no time!
I should have something profound to say. I'm just so grateful that I finally got off the fence and got my locs -- after so many years listening to the voice of doubt and fear. I plan to write a poem saying goodbye to my loose natural hair. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Hey Treklocks, congratulations on your Sisterlocks; you are looking right at home with them already! And welcome to the addictive world of blogging...

Live long and prosper :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on coming home to Sisterlocks!!! You will truly enjoy your journey, I know I have..

Cherie
http://locsuluv.blotspot.com

Valenciajaz said...

Welcome to the family! I love having Sisterlocks and you will too. Watch those hands becuz their gonna be in your hair ALL the time.
http://valenciajaz.blogspot.com

Ms. LJ said...

Thanks everybody. I love this Sisterlocks journey. I love blogging, too. We have such a great community with Sisterlocks!